What is Roku Login?
A Roku is a device that streams shows, movies and music from the internet to your TV. The devices come with a simple remote and are easy to use. You just need to plug it into your TV, connect the device to the internet, set up a Roku account and can start streaming your favorite channels. Further, for Roku Login, you need to create an account first.
Account Creation For Roku Login
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, go to the official website of Roku.
- Now, click on the blue “Sign in” tab located on the upper-right corner of the page.
- After that, a new window will appear and you have to click on the “Create Account” tab which is located on the right of the page.
- Next, you have to fulfill all the details mentioned on the page in order to create an account. Firstly, enter your first and last name.
- Then, you need to “Enter your email address” in the required field.
- Now, “Enter your Password” next to the email address field. The password you set must be according to the specifications mentioned below:
- The password must contain 8 characters.
- There should be at least one numeric value.
- Must include uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Use valid symbols.
- Next, checkmark the box “I am 18 years or older”
- If you agree to it, tick mark the box of terms and conditions.
- Now, if you want to get notifications of the latest releases, new channels and customer-exclusive discounts, checkmark the given box.
- Now tick the option “I’m not a robot”.
- Next, click “Continue”.
- In addition, you will receive an email to confirm your account.
Procedure for Roku Login
- First of all, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, visit the official website of Roku.
- Now, select the “Sign in” button located in the upper-right corner of the page for Roku login.
- After that, “Enter your email address” that you use while creating your account.
- Now you need to “Enter your password” in the required field. Also, if you forget your password, click on “Forgot Password” and you will receive an email to reset your password.
- Next, checkmark the “Remember me” box if you want to go directly into your account next time.
- After that, click on “I’m not a robot”.
- Lastly, click on the “Sign in” button for Roku Login.
Troubleshooting Steps for Roku Login Issues
If you are facing issue while login to your Roku account, below-mentioned solutions can resolve your problem
1. Enter Correct Email Id & Password
- In the Roku Login page, click on “Forgot Password” firstly.
- A dialog box will appear in which you have to type your email id.
- Then you will receive an email and it will contain a link to reset the password.
- Next, open the link and “Type your new password” in the required field.
- Then, you have to “Retype your password” in order to confirm it.
- Lastly, click on the “Submit” button.
- Again, go to the login page and try to login with your new password.
2. Check your Internet Connectivity
- Turn off your modem.
- Now, wait for 20-30 seconds.
- Then, power on the modem and enable the internet connection on your system. Again, try for Roku login.
Keep Your Roku Account Secure
1. Use a Valid Email Address
To manage your account and to keep you updated with the latest notifications, you should use a valid email address and check it on a regular basis.
2. Set a Strong Password for your Account
While creating your account, you must choose a strong password to prevent your account from unauthorized access.
3. Create a personal Identification Number (PIN)
To stop unauthorized users from purchasing items from your account, create a PIN. Once the PIN is created, you have to enter it whenever you make any purchase.
4. Avoid Fraudulent Websites
- Roku does not charge for account creation.
- There is never a charge for the activation of the Roku device.
- Roku provides free customer support.
5. Review your Purchase History Regularly
To keep your account secure, you should sign in to your Roku account on a continuous basis and visit the purchase history. If you notice any purchase which is not associated with you, report it asap.
Link Roku Device to Your Account
- First of all, login to your Roku account on your computer.
- Next, from the main account page, you need to click on the blue “Link a device” button which is located at the bottom.
- Now, turn on your TV, connect the Roku to your TV and then power on your Roku device. Then, connect Roku to the internet by following the steps that will appear on your TV screen.
- If you want a wireless connection, enter the code or use the ethernet cable for connection.
- When the Roku is successfully connected to the internet, it will ask you to update it. Click on “Update” and once the procedure is completed, it will start rebooting. After reboot, a code will appear on your TV screen.
- Now, go to roku.com/link on your computer from the login page in step 1.
- Next, you need to enter the code in the required field and click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the payment information. Click the “Skip” button.
- Next, select the channels that you wish to add to your Roku and you have to select at least one channel.
- After that, click on the blue “Continue” button which is located at the bottom of the page to complete the linking process.
- The Roku device is successfully linked to your account. To check, click on the “My Account” link which is located at the top.
- You will see your Roku’s serial number under the “My Linked Devices” section.
Linking Devices to a Single Roku Account
- Make sure that channels must be activated separately on each Roku device.
Linking Devices to Different Roku Account
- A valid unique email address must be linked with each account
- Also, you can link each Roku device to a different Roku account. Also, different accounts may include different channels. For example, one account may include kid’s channels and while another account may include channels for adults.
Unlink Roku Device from your Account
- Firstly, go to my.roku.com on your computer.
- Then, sign in to your Roku account. By doing so, enter your email id and password and click “Sign in”.
- Now, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the “ Account Page” and locate the device under the section of “My Linked Devices”
- Next, you need to select the “Unlink” button.
Procedure to Close Roku Account
- Firstly, go to the official website of Roku.
- Then, you need to click on the “Sign in” button located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter your email id and password and once again, click “Sign in”.
- Now, if you have any Roku billed subscriptions, find the section of “Manage Your Subscriptions” and cancel any active subscriptions.
- Next, you need to scroll down the page and select the “Deactivate account” option.
- Lastly, click on the “Confirm” button to successfully deactivate your account