How To Set Up Your Roku TV
Roku TV allows its users to access, manage and view internet-based content without connecting to an external media streamer. So, to watch your favorite channels, shows, web series and movies, there is no need to connect an additional streaming device. It means all the features of the Roku streaming stick or box are placed inside the TV via software.
It provides access to additional devices for example game console box by plugging it into your TV. Further, Roku TV comes with a built-in turner to access over-the-air TV broadcasts such as local news and an antenna connection is provided for the same.
So, below-given is the setup of Roku TV.
1. Power Up
- Connect the power cord with a Roku TV and to a wall outlet.
- Then, fix the batteries of your Roku remote and it must be positioned correctly.
- Now, power on your TV.
It will show you a screen of let’s get started. The first step is to choose your language. So, select your desired language in which you want to watch all your favorite channels and shows.
On the next screen, you need to select your country according to your preferred location for using Roku TV.
4. Set Up Environment
In the next screen, you will be given two options “Set up for home use” and “Set up for store use”. After selecting your desired option, proceed to the next step.
5. Connect to your Network
Now, in order to stream your favorite shows, you need an internet connection and a Roku account. So in the next screen, you will see two options on your screen that are given below:
- Wireless Connection: To set up a wireless connection, follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, click on “Set up a new wireless connection”.
- Then, a list will appear on your screen, choose your preferred network. But if your network is not shown, click on “Scan again to see all networks”.
- In the next screen, you will be asked to enter your network password.
Then, it will show you a pop-up of confirming the internet connection.
- Wired Connection: If you want a wired connection, connect your TV with the ethernet network cable to get high-speed internet.
After connecting to the internet, it will start checking for new software updates so that you can get the latest features and channel updates automatically. When the update completes, your TV will restart and you are now ready for activation.
6. Activate Your Roku TV
- In the activation screen of your TV, note down the activation code somewhere.
- Then, visit my.roku.com/link on your computer.
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter the same code that you noted down in the above step.
- After entering the code, read the End User License Agreement of Roku and if you agree to it, tick mark the box given there.
- Then, click on the blue “Submit” button.
- In the next screen, link Roku TV with your Roku account.
- If you already have a Roku account, click on Yes, I already have one and then enter your email address and password and click on the sign-in button.
- But if you do not have an account, click on No, I need to create one and follow the on-screen instructions for account creation.
- Now, add some channels to your Roku account. Select the preferred channels that you want to stream on your TV. Then, scroll down the page and click on the blue “Continue” button.
- Next, go to your TV screen and your selected channels will automatically start updating.
Also, you can download the Roku app on your mobile device. It turns your mobile device into a fully functioning remote for your Roku TV which allows you to display all the photos on TV.
Further, if you have a cable box game console or Blu-ray player, connect them all and turn them on to play games and to access other content on your Roku TV.